Wednesday 17 October 2012

More Media...

Looking at SIG's, in and around our professional area, I decided to explore a little outside what I consider to be my 'practice group'. As I am looking at a transition into an area that is unknown to me I thought I'd gain the perspective and knowledge of people who are already learning about the world of media. My brother and a few of his friends are studying a degree in Radio Production at Bournemouth University, and agreed for me to ask them a few questions, ultimately relating to my inquiry. It was really interesting to listen to where they pitched themselves within this industry, while understanding what the field of work requires, inclusive of learning the similarities and cross overs between the varying  categories; radio, television and journalism. They even provided me with some advice for my move from what is sectored as 'the arts', reassuring me that its not all about your qualifications or technical knowledge - it's who you know! We combined and edited the interview session into a short voice clip, of which I have posted below. It was a real advantage to simply just sit, chat and record, rather than putting pen to paper for a change. I hope you'll take a listen and enjoy what you hear...



No comments:

Post a Comment