Thursday 18 October 2012

Employed by who..?

As performers we are all very much self employed, or are we? We refer to ourselves as being 'employed' when we have signed a contract for our next job, so what about when we are between contracts? Who do we adopt as our employer? As I work my way through my inquiries these were questions that started to infiltrate my thoughts. The module 2 handbook urges us to ask and be signed off by our professional employer, but I am struggling to relate to this method of establishing knowledge for my inquiries while working under the instruction of someone who does not follow my professional career path. While 'in-between jobs' are very important for keeping us afloat, how can I incorporate my situation at this current point into my questions? This is something I would be very keen to hear feedback on as I am at a loss on how to achieve this. Despite this I feel I am still moving in a good direction, learning intently from the diversity of my SIG's, peers and surroundings, is this enough..?

No comments:

Post a Comment