Saturday 18 February 2012

Me...!! Cont.

Although this was one of the first tasks we were asked to complete, it has probably been the one thats stumped me the most. After vast research, jumping in and out of other peoples blogs, and trying to establish the angle in which I would like to promote myself, I came to the conclusion that I had greatly overlooked this key step to employment alone. Like most of us on here, my CV is my first and probably most important 'audition'. This really got me thinking 'am I making a good impression?'. Though we cannot control whether we will be too big, small, blonde, brunette (the list goes on) for a particular role, we can now research a role and almost adapt our CV's to the vital requirements, leading me to believe that it is an 'open document' to be finalised as and when, at your discretion.
In addition to this new outlook, I also took a look back through my 'working' or 'non-performance' CV for a comparison. Whilst doing this not only was I able to improve my CV, but found key information which I feel could boost my performance CV. It astounded me how much they could actually cross over. So here are the links for both my professional and working CV's:

Working:

Professional:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RJ0evYc_5b9_OuH6GxQPwWRrfDQr6mZd3t2DX8OVr70/edit

As I previously stated, I am completely aware of their 'incomplete' status, but for now I can feel at ease for a while. Just to incorporate all this in my professional profile now....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Simone i agree with you about overlooking of CV's, on this blog http://hollievictoriasmith.blogspot.com/, Hollie gave some great tips on improving your CV. I am going to do a blog sometime soon with an updated version of my professional CV.

    Afi :)

    ReplyDelete