Sunday 5 February 2012

Journal post...

When the New Year alone came in I decided that this would be the year that I would begin to keep a diary. Not only to keep me organised, and in the right place at the right time - as all performers know this is key - but to log any important events or knowledge I gain throughout the journey that is our professional career. So, once I had officially enrolled on the BAPP course and got to grips with the courses purpose and outline; to find that a 'journal' would play its part as key 'evidence', as we endeavor to gain objective views on ourselves and the tasks at hand, was the biggest motivation to keep this resolution of mine. With that said I have decided to blog one of my entries:

Saturday 28th January

After spending the majority  of my younger years very much involved with 'stage life' and 'dance' I'm so keen to become involved in 'TV'. Today confirmed that even more so for me on our visit up to the SKY Studios, to become an audience member of Soccer AM. Watching the laid back nature of the show, clocking how each runner and producer was a complete active member of the cast was so exciting. Though obviously as a performer you want to be the centre of attention, the one in front of the camera, even the jobs performed by all of the 'off camera' staff I found enthralling. At the end of the show we managed to get talking to the assistant producer, nicknamed 'Rocket'. His story as to how he achieved his career today was so compelling. It really gets you thinking about all the networking and persistency this career takes. I gained a contact there, but even me with my basic knowledge knows that everything in TV is a long shot....

No comments:

Post a Comment