Tuesday 24 April 2012

Formatting, citing, reflecting....one big struggle!

As we all endeavor to complete our first big hand in I just thought I'd make a brief post with some of the hurdles I am struggling to overcome whilst completing this task. I have noticed in myself that I have unintentionally been disregarding my blog over the past week, simply due to the fact that I have felt under pressure with this work load, any one else been 'feeling the heat'? I have also been finding it hard to condense the work down into 750 words, and therefore most likely missing out key reflections. In a bid to include all this I have been referring back to my blog, inserting appendix after appendix, which upon reflection in itself probably isn't the best way to go about it?! How is anyone else finding this aspect? In addition I am beginning to question the formatting of my assignment. I initially split it into 3 paragraphs covering the 3 key parts of the module, is this correct?
This is yet another part of this course where we are constantly questioning, reflecting and learning, but the difference this time is we DO have a deadline, and that prospect I am finding daunting!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Simone

    I think we all share the same feelings! It is a daunting process. I too have separated my assignment into 3 parts reflecting on each part of the module. This seemed the most obvious way to tackle the reflection process. I am going to continue editing my assignment using this format unless I discover a new format along the way!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simone,
    I too am having the same issues with regards to the word count. I know I have in the past been too liberal with explanations and for want of better words a babbler when trying to get my point across. I never have achieved such concise ways of writing, which now I am hurrying to discover due to the deadline, ahhhhh. The appendices for me are the way to back up the brief description points that I am making in my main body of texts, yet I have the trouble of mainly writing notes and considering the reflection wothin in my personal journal and rarely commenting or interacting within the blogs. (something within mod 2, from now on I will change!!) Do you think I have viable evidence this way?
    The three sections to me, do seem the way to become most fluent and organised within the work, so dont worry....hopefully Kelly you and I are on the right lines there :)
    If such revelations are discoverd with ways to approach the assingment, I will definitely share...fingers crossed!
    Hayley

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Simone,
    I think this is a good way to write it , three sections will work and with the blog I think as long as you include parts of it ,its all there. I am struggling hugely as I am still in Part three of the module have to attempt the reader now. Cant believe how the time has flown.If it means anything I think your blogs on the tasks have been excellently written so your method of writing wont be a problem for you I'm sure.
    Good Luck, keep me posted.
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Simone,
    How are you getting on?
    I would just like to share with you that whenever I read your Blog posts, they are so well written and it always comes across to me that you have understood the tasks and processes involved. You then seem able to articulate your opinions well. Therefore, if you are basing your written piece on information you posted to the Blog, I am sure you will do very well.
    Following on from your post (and I'm probably too late now, sorry.), I also wrote my critical reflection in three sections, within each section I tried to include what the paragraph is about, key points and a concluding sentence. I have no idea if this method has been successful, but only time will tell!
    I hope you are O.K and managing to deal with the stress of deadlines! (Chocolate and tea has won me over!)
    Best Wishes,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou all so much for your supportive comments, it is so helpful. I have been totally consumed by this work over the past week but I am well aware I must get round to giving each of you feedback as I know how much this has helped me and I can imagine were all finding the struggles within this mammoth task. Hayley I'm still unable to condense my words, how are you finding it? Kelly and Pauline I have stuck to dividing it into three sections, how are you both getting on with it? Thankyou for your advice Jo, how far have you got on?

    ReplyDelete